The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, has upheld the election of Governor Samuel Ortom of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Emmanuel Jime of the All Progressives Congress had approached the court, seeking the nullification of Ortom’s election, citing irregularities and over voting during the last election.
However, the tribunal threw out Jime’s case for failing to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.
Reading the judgment on Monday evening, Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Henry Olusiyi, said Jime’s request for nullification of Ortom’s election lacked merit and “hereby dismissed outrightly.”
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited