The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, has upheld the election of Governor Samuel Ortom of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Emmanuel Jime of the All Progressives Congress had approached the court, seeking the nullification of Ortom’s election, citing irregularities and over voting during the last election.
However, the tribunal threw out Jime’s case for failing to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.
Reading the judgment on Monday evening, Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Henry Olusiyi, said Jime’s request for nullification of Ortom’s election lacked merit and “hereby dismissed outrightly.”
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020