BREAKING!! Twitter Finally Shut Down In Nigeria
The Federal Government has carried out its decision to prohibit the operation of the microblogging site Twitter in Nigeria, claiming the platform’s continued usage for actions that threaten the country’s corporate survival as the cause for the measure.
On Friday night, telecommunication firms around the country were given instructions to deactivate Twitter by 12 a.m., an order that has now been carried out.
Between the hours of 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., this reporter discovered that tweets were not loading on all devices.
Twitter has been suspended by the federal government.
When trying to refresh tweets, the notice “Tweets aren’t loading right now” appeared. On mobile, it said “Try again,” while on desktop, it said “This site cannot be reached.”
In a statement made by Segun Adeyemi, Special Assistant to the President (Media), the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, also urged the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to immediately begin the process of licensing all OTT and social media operations in the country.
“The Federal Government has suspended, indefinitely, the operations of the microblogging and social networking site Twitter in Nigeria,” according to the announcement.
“In a statement made in Abuja on Friday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the suspension, citing the platform’s continued usage for activities that threaten Nigeria’s corporate survival.
The Federal Government has also asked the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to begin the process of licensing all OTT and social media businesses in Nigeria, according to the Minister.
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates