BREAKING!! Twitter Rubbishes President Buhari, Deletes His Genocide Tweet Against Nigerians
Twitter has deleted President Muhammadu Buhari’s tweet threatening genocide against Nigerians.
Buhari threatened to treat Nigerians “misbehaving” in “the language they understand”
“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand,”.
The tweet struck a nerve with a section of Nigerians who believe it was a subtle jibe at the Igbo Tribe. Many condemned the tone of the message which referenced the 1967 civil war.
But Twitter deleted the message on Wednesday, following widespread condemnation of the tweet.
The platform said the post violated its rules.
As at the time of filing this report, a check on the president’s official account reveals that the Tweet has been removed.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates