BREAKING!! Unknown Gunmen Defies Curfew In Rivers, Attack Several Police Checkpoints, Set Police Stations Ablaze, Kill 7 Officers
The hoodlums first targeted a police station along the Rumuji axis of the state’s East-West Road late Friday night.
Two police officers were killed when the police station in Rumuji, Emuoha Local Government Area, was set on fire alongside police vehicles.
In the same Emuoha LGA, a police checkpoint at Ogbakiri junction was targeted, with two police officers feared killed and a vehicle burned.
A C-4-i security checkpoint along the East-West Road was also targeted, with three operatives believed to have been killed there.
The State Police Command’s spokesman, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the attack and promised to provide more information after visiting the affected areas.
Meanwhile, on Saturday morning, the State Commissioner of Police, Eboka Friday, confirmed the incident to reporters, saying, “Yes, that is what we heard.” I’m on my way there now. He said, “I want to confirm it myself.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates