Gunmen suspected to be assassins on Thursday evening ambushed and killed the chief architect in the Works and Physical Planning unit of the Cross River University of Technology, Bassey Ekpenyong Inyang.
An eyewitness revealed that the suspected assassins had arrived in a bus and parked close to the home of the former Secretary of Calabar South Local Government.
The unsuspecting non academic staff also known as Bachang drove into the arms of the assailants who gunned him down, said the eyewitness.
“As he arrived at his home at Airport Road, Anantigha area of Calabar South, the gunmen came out from the bus, shot and killed him on the spot.
“They also snatched the phone of his wife before they escaped,” the eyewitness narrated.
The Public Relations Officer in charge of the Cross River State Police Command, DSP Irene Ugbo, when contacted, confirmed the incident.
“The man and his wife were coming back from church when some people in a bus close to his house waylaid and attacked them. No arrest has been made. We are investigating the incident.
“However, we had a breakthrough this morning. We arrested two robbery suspects with a locally made pistol in Calabar South. They are currently in our custody. We are waiting for the DPO of Efut to transfer the case to State CID,” she said.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group