The senate has approved President Muhammadu Buhari’s request to borrow $22.7 billion.
The upper legislative chamber approved the request on Thursday amid objections from some senators.
While the matter was being debated, Enyinnaya Abaribe, minority leader, warned against considering all the recommendations on the loan at once.
He suggested that it should be done “item by item”, but Senate President Ahmad Lawan disagreed with him.
Subsequent debate on the matter forced the senate into an executive session during which it agreed to approve the request.
Buhari sent the loan request to the senate in 2019 though it was rejected by the previous senate under Bukola Saraki.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc