The President of the World Bank Group, Dr. Jim Yong Kim has resigned his place as head of the worldwide institution.
His resignation will take affect from 1 February, he talked about, yesterday. Dr. Kim who was elected president of the monetary establishment in 2010, was re-elected for a second time interval of 5 years, in 2017 and will have remained in office till 2022.
He talked about in a press release, “It has been a great honour to serve as President of this remarkable institution, full of passionate individuals dedicated to the mission of ending extreme poverty in our lifetime.”
Dr. Kim did not provide any clarification for quitting the job. The monetary establishment was moreover silent on the rationale for Kim’s resignation. It talked about, Dr. Kim would “join a firm and focus on increasing infrastructure investments in developing countries.”
Kristalina Georgieva, the World Bank’s Chief Executive Officer, would act as interim president of the group until a model new President emerges. Kim a medical doctor was born in Seoul, South Korea and practiced his profession sooner than turning into a member of the monetary establishment the place he rose to the peak.
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders