The President of the World Bank Group, Dr. Jim Yong Kim has resigned his place as head of the worldwide institution.
His resignation will take affect from 1 February, he talked about, yesterday. Dr. Kim who was elected president of the monetary establishment in 2010, was re-elected for a second time interval of 5 years, in 2017 and will have remained in office till 2022.
He talked about in a press release, “It has been a great honour to serve as President of this remarkable institution, full of passionate individuals dedicated to the mission of ending extreme poverty in our lifetime.”
Dr. Kim did not provide any clarification for quitting the job. The monetary establishment was moreover silent on the rationale for Kim’s resignation. It talked about, Dr. Kim would “join a firm and focus on increasing infrastructure investments in developing countries.”
Kristalina Georgieva, the World Bank’s Chief Executive Officer, would act as interim president of the group until a model new President emerges. Kim a medical doctor was born in Seoul, South Korea and practiced his profession sooner than turning into a member of the monetary establishment the place he rose to the peak.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation