BREAKING : Yahaya Bello of APC leads in Kogi Governorship Election, PDP reject results
Collation of the results of the governorship election held in Kogi on Nov. 16 has begun in Lokoja.
A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the collating centre reports that the results of seven local governments had so far been released with the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in close race.
These are the results as announced by the INEC:
Ogori-Magongo Local Government; APC– 3,679 votes, PDP — 2,145 votes
Ijumu Local Government; APC — 11,425 votes, PDP 7,587 votes
Omala Local Government; APC — 8,473 votes, PDP — 14,403 votes
Adavi Local Government; APC — 64,657 votes, PDP — 366 votes
Igalamela/Odolu Local Government; APC — 8,075, PDP — 11,195 votes
Okene Local Government; APC — 112, 764 votes, PDP – 139 votes
Kabba/Bunu Local Government; APC — 15, 364 votes, PDP – 8,084 votes
Kogi Local Government; APC — 14,097 votes, PDP — 9,404 votes
Meanwhile , the commission has announced the death of one ad hoc staff at Ibaji Local Government.
The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. James Apam who announced this said that the staff died when the boat in which they were travelling capsized.
He said that the staff was a student of the Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, noting that arrangements had been made to convey his body to Lokoja.
•Credit (except headline): NAN.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc