ABUJA—THE House of Representatives Committee on Tourism and Culture, yesterday, queried the General Manager of National Theatre, Dr Stella Oyedepo, for spending N29 million to renovate toilets. ADVERTISING Oyedepo while reviewing her 2018 budget performance told the lawmakers that she expended N29 million to renovate toilets in the National Theatre. House of Representatives This did not go down well with the lawmakers who wanted to know how on earth could she spend such a huge amount in renovation of toilets.
Chairman of the committee, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama said: “There’s need to critically look at how you spent N29 million to fix toilets.” In her response, Oyedepo said: “There were 500 toilets in the complex and it was making the place unattractive because they were in bad shape. What we did was to completely overhaul the toilets to make the complex look better.
“ In his ruling, the chairman, said: “The GM just resumed duties, she can be excused but she has to go and put her documents to enable the committee properly do its job.” Meanwhile, the representative of the DG of National Art Gallery, Mr Richard Ovie, was walked out of the committee for improper representation. Related Reps query NCC’s N75m budget to replace toilet doors House of Representatives Committee on Communication yesterday queried the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, budget proposal of N75 million to replace old toilet doors, locks, repainting of fading walls and provision of directional sign posts to the commission’s waiting room and canteen.
February 8, 2012 Budget 2018: Reps query INEC over duplication of items August 16, 2018 FCSC renovates 26 toilets with N28m THE Senate, yesterday, described as ridiculous a total sum of N28 million spent this year by the Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC, to renovate 26 toilets facilities.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021