President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned on-going violence in the Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, which has in the past 24 hours led to a yet to be ascertained number of deaths and arson attacks.
So far, there have been claims and counter claims as who restarted the killings and arson between the neighbouring communities of Nsadop community and the Boje community.
While the origin of the mayhem is still unclear, President Buhari in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and publicity Garba Shehu, notes that no dispute or grievance is worth the violent snatching away of another person’s life.
President Buhari in the statement said Nigerians must learn to live peacefully with each other and seek less brutish means of resolving conflicts adding that Nigeria does not need another war.
The President calls on the Cross River State government and the Boki local government authorities to immediately look into the crisis and take action to ensure that the unfortunate situation is resolved both in the short and long terms.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation