President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned on-going violence in the Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, which has in the past 24 hours led to a yet to be ascertained number of deaths and arson attacks.
So far, there have been claims and counter claims as who restarted the killings and arson between the neighbouring communities of Nsadop community and the Boje community.
While the origin of the mayhem is still unclear, President Buhari in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and publicity Garba Shehu, notes that no dispute or grievance is worth the violent snatching away of another person’s life.
President Buhari in the statement said Nigerians must learn to live peacefully with each other and seek less brutish means of resolving conflicts adding that Nigeria does not need another war.
The President calls on the Cross River State government and the Boki local government authorities to immediately look into the crisis and take action to ensure that the unfortunate situation is resolved both in the short and long terms.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020