BUHARI DISAPPOINTED US BEFORE AND AFTER THE DEATH OF MY FATHER – AMINU SHAGARI
Aminu Shagari, the son of former Nigerian President, Shehu Shagari, has revealed how President Muhammadu Buhari upset him and his family sooner than and after the lack of lifetime of his father.
He made the revelation in an interview with Punch Newspaper.
He acknowledged although his late father “forgave his offenders, he never forgot their offences”, referring to how Mr Buhari as a navy officer “betrayed” and toppled Mr Shagari in 1983.
Mr Shagari, who was president between 1979 and 1983, handed away on December 28, aged 93. He was eradicated in a navy coup led by Nigeria’s current president, Muhammadu Buhari.
Years after, Mr Buhari was elected as a civilian president in 2015 and is on the point of run for yet another tenure in 2019.
President Buhari had on December 30 traveled to Sokoto to pay a condolence go to to the family of the earlier president.
He moreover ordered that flags must be flown at half-mast for three days the least bit navy formations and public areas inside the nation.
In the Punch interview revealed Sunday, Aminu Shagari was requested what courses he learnt from the irony that the beneficiary of the coup that ousted his father’s administration praised him when he paid a condolence go to to his family.
In his response, he expressed disappointment in Mr Buhari. He acknowledged his father did not get the form of consideration anticipated from “the person who overthrew his administration”.
“First, let me say that though our father forgave his offenders, one issue as human beings is that, it does not matter what, one cannot overlook. Till he died, our father did not get the form of consideration anticipated from the one which overthrew his administration.
After all investigations, he didn’t uncover him culpable,” he acknowledged. In our private little method, we supported the incumbent President and from the time he grew to turn into president, I may not say there could also be any communication between us. I really feel we must always at all times have gotten further from the one which was close to our father nevertheless overthrew his authorities,” Punch quoted him saying.
He further outlined that his expectations of President Buhari’s go to in no way materialised as none of them heard any “words of comfort” from the president.
“When he acquired right here, we anticipated to pay attention to 1 factor from him like some phrases of comfort. But we didn’t hear such because of he didn’t say one thing. We gave him the condolence register. He solely signed and put the date.
Personally, I was very upset with that. I anticipated that not lower than, as Muslim, he would write, ‘May Allah forgive him and may Allah forgive us when our time comes.’ That makes me terribly upset in him,” he acknowledged.
Mr Shagari who described his late father as a very humble, delicate, soft-spoken and really loving father, acknowledged his lack of life was a terrific loss to him, his family and the nation at huge.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot Dies At 23
- Ekureku Coronate A New king
- How To Apply: FG Officially Begins Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians
- N700m Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu’s Case To October 15
- Big Brother Naija Season 5: Winner To Get N30Million Cash Prize, Home And SUV
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on