In a meeting yesterday with a council of traditional rulers from the six geo-political zones, Buhari stated that adequate effort and energy have been deployed towards exposing all abnormalities in the police system.
He said that he understands the frustrations of the youths and has listened to their cries. He also added that his Chief of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari with some other senior officials would convey the efforts of the government concerning the #EndSARS protest to various parts of the country and to the traditional rulers and their people.
Also, he added that there would be a major reform in the police system as they would undergo some changes in the areas of welfare, working conditions and code of conduct.
“We cannot allow anybody or group to threaten the peace or sabotage these efforts. Strong, transparent efforts are underway to address those rogue elements of the Nigerian Police Force.
“Simultaneously, the Nigerian Police Force will also undergo much needed reform that covers welfare, working conditions, and code of conduct. That will usher in a more professional workforce”, he said.
Therefore, he urged the rulers he called the guardians of the nation’s traditional values and culture to relate their recommendations on the recent happenings to the senior government officials that would pay a visit to their zones and appropriate actions would be taken on the recommendations.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation