Burna Boy’s Song Makes the Inauguration Playlist for Joe Biden
The song by Burna Boy was mentioned as one of the songs to be played on January 20, 2020, as President-elect Joe Biden and Vice-President-elect Kamala Harris are sworn into office in the United States.
This was confirmed after a 46-song playlist was released by the President-elect and Vice President-elect in celebration of their upcoming presidency.
One of his hit songs from his Grammy-nominated album, ‘African Giant,’ was ‘Destiny.’
In collaboration with the Presidential Inaugural Committee, American music producer and rapper DJ D-Nice and actress Issa Rae’s Radio picked the 46 track playlist.
The presidential inaugural committee’s chief executive, Tony Allen, said the songs and artists on the playlist represent America’s relentless spirit and rich diversity.
“They are the result of a new chapter and will help bring people together as the administration of Biden-Harris begins its important work to unite our nation,” added Allen.
In addition to Burna Boy, Bill Withers (‘Lovely Day’), Marvin Gaye (‘Got to Give It Up- Pt. 1’), Bruce Springsteen (‘We Take Care of Our Own’), Kendrick Lamar (‘Now or Never’), Bob Marley & The Wailers (‘Could You Be Loved’), Jill Scott (‘Golden’) and Dua Lipa (‘Levitating’), among others, are also international stars on the playlist.
In August 2020, Burna Boy became one of the Nigerian artists to be identified, alongside fellow Nigerian stars Davido and Wizkid, on the summer playlist of former US President Barack Obama.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021