By John Adie, Calabar
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele has called on the Nigerian armed forces and paramilitary organisations to patronize the Cross River state Garment Factory for their uniforms.
Emefiele made the call during a recent visit to the factory.
He praised the state governor, Sir Ben Ayade for creating employment for the teaming youths in the state through the Garment factory.
The CBN governor said there was no justifiable reason for the Nigerian armed forces and paramilitary organisations in the country to continue to import uniforms.
His words: “I must say that with what I have
seen today, I’m very impressed beginning from the garment factory that has over one thousand state of the art machines. I’m impressed, very impressed with this garment factory. This is the kind of leadership that states need to get them economically viable and create jobs for their people.”
Emefiele further stated that “at the garment factory, we saw young men and women who should otherwise be roaming the streets gainfully employed. Over a thousand of them.
“By 25th October we will be meeting with all the service chiefs, head of civil Defence , NYSC to sign an agreement.
“Rather than import their uniforms from other countries, we will appeal to them that they must come and order their garment from Cross River garment factory. That is the only way we can create jobs in this country. In summary, I am impressed, very delighted.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution