C/River Govt Begins Survey On Erosion Prone Communities
Cross River State Government has begun the Needs Assessment Survey on erosion prone communities across the eighteen Local Government Areas of the state in a bid to address the menace of the State’s Erosion Crisis.
Speaking at various sites during an inspection of the survey on erosion prone communities across the state, the Commissioner for International Development Cooperation, Dr Inyang Asibong said the efforts was to reduce Erosion-induced challenges in Cross River State.
Accompanied by the Project Supervisor, Cross River State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (CRS- NEWMAP)Mr Fidelis Anukwa, Asibong opined that the renewed efforts approved by Governor Ben Ayade was aimed at remediate works at the erosion sites in most part of the state as the rainy season begins.
The Commissioner said the asessment will be followed with the job implementation with key emphasis on engaging the local Communities with skilled, semi- skilled and unskilled labour as part of Professor Ben Ayade’s “Opportunity for All” Policy.
“We have been to Bekwarra, Ogoja, Boki, Ikom, Odukpani, Akpabuyo, and Bakassi Local Government Areas in this phase, to mark areas where we would either construct or renovate bridges and flood drains to ensure that the intensity of this year’s rainfall does not affect the settlers in these areas”, she added.
The CRS-NEWMAP Project Supervisor, Mr Fidelis Anukwa explained on the State Government’s readiness to commence work once the needs assessment survey is completed across the State.
The main objective of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) is to reduce vulnerability to soil erosion in targeted sub-catchments, and to ensure communities enjoy the benefits of the interventions.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! APC Screening Disqualifies Ondo Governor Over Anti-Party
- See Photos: This Is A Deeply Disturbing Post, Please Don’t Read If You Don’t Have A Strong Heart
- Heavy Rainfall: 28 States In Danger Of Flood, NEMA Warns
- Former NDDC Boss Recount Ordeal, Says Akpabio’s ‘Oath Of Secrecy’ Would Have Sent Her To Prison
- I Did Not Said Edo Boys Are Waiting For Uzodinma — Wike
Share this post with your Friends on