Some days ago, I saw this at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, Abuja and I couldn’t appreciate less Governor Ben Ayade vision of replicating same in the state he christened ‘Cally Air’.
It is shameful that a State that prides itself as the tourism destination of the Country and indeed Africa has just one flight (AirPeace)coming into the State.
Today in Calabar, we have not less than five transport companies each that ply Lagos and Abuja on a daily basis. Am sure most people who travel by road do not do so because they wouldn’t want to get to their destinations on time or they enjoy traveling on Nigeria deathtraps called Road but because of the high cost of flight ticket.
A partnership deal with Airpeace which is the only operating airline on this route by the Cross River State government would definitely not be a bad idea. Am sure that with just two aircraft, one for Lagos and the other for Abuja, they will be a considerable downward review of airfares which will inturn encourage people to travel by air.
Apart from the traffic boom this initiative is bound to witness, I am sure it is also going to be a major revenue earner for the State.
A tourism State and one of the fastest growing State in terms of industrialization, that tourist and investors cannot travel to whenever or wherever, is that one a tourism State?
CallyAir the way forward…
Credit: Richie Romanus.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021