Petroleum Tanker Drivers,Dangote Trailer Drivers and other Articulated Drivers Operating in Calabar,the Cross River State Capital have promised to adhere to the lockout guidelines of the state government to contain the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
The promise was given to the Special Adviser to the Governor on Muslim Affairs, Alhaji Hassan Tanimu when he met them as part of advocacy to the drivers who were recently accused of carrying Almajiris into the State.
He said majority of the drivers who are Muslims and are from Northern part of Nigeria are usually without products while coming into Cross River State,hence they engaged in other unathourised consignments.
The Governor aide said despite the exemption given to some of the trucks carrying foods and essential goods from other part of the country to the state,their privilege should not be abused.
“On behlaf of His Excellency,the Digital Governor of Cross River State,Sir Ben Ayade, I plead with you that your activities , especially at this period of Covid-19 pandemic should be guided by state policy and not your personal interest.
”The recent incident of trucks intercepted at Gakem border is very worrisome to the state, and Government will not hesitate to take drastic action on any driver and the trucks who violate the state rules henceforth”he added.
The meeting with tanker drivers and other Articulated vehicles commenced at the weekend in Ogoja,Ikom, and Iwuru on the need to obey instructions of the State Government on unauthourised vehicles and movement of persons and almajiris into the State.
Speaking onbehalf of the drivers,the transport Manager of Dangote Group in Calabar, Mr Michael James promised to sensitize their drivers and assured that the directives of His Excellency Sir Ben Ayade will be carried out.
The drivers commended the Governor for given them freedom to operate without hindrances in the state.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022