C/River Police Commissioner Commences ‘Dusk to Dawn’ Stop & Search of Vehicles
As part of efforts to curb the Continuous upsurge of insecurity, especially kidnapping in Cross River State, the state Police command has adopted different measures among which is a dusk to dawn stop and search policing strategy.
The Commissioner of Police, Uche Anozie said the strategy which now move all personnel of the command on operational stop and search model of all veichles within a radius of fifty meter apart has begining to yield result.
Leading the team of officer on the inspection and monitoring of the operations Wednesday night, the police Commissioner said the purpose was to hunt down suspected criminals and enable lawful citizens in Cross River State ,especially in Calabar to sleep with their two eyes closed .
The operations according to the police Commissioner will be a Continuous one untill the situation improve start at 7pm to 6am everyday.
“I’m visiting my men in their various beats, to see how dedicated they are to their duties. They have been posted to engage in stop-and- search and this is one of the approaches to fighting crime, and as a matter of fact, it has been yielding positive results.
“We started this a couple of weeks back and we have been going round in a manner we are doing this night. We introduced this to curb crime in Cross River, especially in Calabar metropolis. I am just barely two months old in the state and I discovered that there are rising rate of crime in the state as at the time I reported. So I am applying various approaches to ensure that I curb crime in the state and in Calabar metropolis in particular.”
“it’s been very beautiful. We have not recorded any issue of kidnapping since we started.”
He further asserted that the police under his watch has been partnering with sister security agencies to fight crime in the state.
Some commuters and Drivers who spoke with our Correspondent during the inspection, said they are excited with the new development and they feel a sense of security, especially at night.
Mrs. Abenmire Adi-Williams a journalist with a private radio station in Calabar said it is not“ there are so many police checkpoints they are all over the highway and it is a good development. It helps us feel more secure it is a beautiful development.
Bassey Archibong, who was spotted walking lonely on the street explained that
“I feel very okay and free. I am plying the road by this time of the night because I know there are police men and women on the street to guard me.The roads are free and we can ply the road anytime at night.”
Ntem Christopher a public servant and Ike Odona said the collaboration between the Police and the state government is yielding results.
“We are excited and feel a sense of safety at about past 11pm, knowing that police are on the road and seeing police Commissioner himself leading the search shown that we have a new sheriff in Cross River Policing System.
The Over twenty five check points visited after the police Commissioner left at about 1:005am saw the officers and men with their Coordinating officers still on the road performing their functions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
- More Revelations Why Dogara Dumps PDP For APC
- Betta Edu Gets Federal Government Award
- BREAKING: 601 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated To Communities
Share this post with your Friends on