‘Would I Be Able To Communicate If I Sold The State To Ayade As He Claimed?’ — Liyel Imoke Spits Fire
Senator Liyel Imoke, the former Governor of Cross River State, addressed stakeholders and members on Sunday night at the Transcorp Hotel in Calabar. He was visibly enraged by the allegation, which has been ongoing since 2015, and said it was an insult for anyone to level such an accusation against him.
“I’ve even seen this administration accuse me of money laundering. They claimed I gathered funds to appoint a governor. What do you think? What an affront! Did they have enough money to run for office? However, they claimed to have given me N2 billion!
“Then people believe them when they say that I, Liyel Imoke, the son of S. A. Imoke, sold Cross River State. How is that possible? You can now view everything. Would I be here in your midst if I sold the state? Will I be able to communicate? They want to smear my name and reputation since I helped them out,” Imoke explained.
The former governor said he accepted responsibility and risks to appoint Ayade as governor, but he was astonished by the outcome, advising his supporters to be calm because the state has never been an APC stronghold.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates