Reacting to Onnoghen’s travails in a bit, Ozekhome mentioned the previous CJN was a sufferer of politics.
His phrases: “I knew it would come sooner than later. When Justice Walter Onnoghen’s travails started in January, I predicted that the cabal was out to rubbish him. They desired to bespatter him with the paintbrush of shame, odium and obloquy in such a way as to make him visibly unfit for the position of the CJN. They went after his jugular, using the CCB/CCT,” Ozekhome mentioned.
The CCT was unrelenting: it discarded its earlier precedents; ignored court rulings barring it from making an attempt Onnoghen. It was the case of the falcon not listening to the falconer.
“The Court of Appeal grew to become complicit. It refused to ship judgments in Onnoghen’s instances argued earlier than it over six weeks in the past. Nigerians watched Onnoghen being mob-lynched. Onnoghen was tried within the media, criminalized, humiliated.
“So, Onnoghen, faced with the reality of the situation, knew that his faith had been pre-determined by the cabal, signed, sealed and delivered.”
The senior lawyer additionally accused the NJC of leaping into conclusion over the case.
Ozekhome mentioned the council acted on unproven allegations and that any try and harass and humiliate the judiciary is setting a stage for bidding democracy farewell.
“Otherwise, how can NJC hold that it decided not to delve into the allegations, relating to assets declaration levelled against Onnoghen because they were subjudice, yet convicted him on the petitions written by EFCC and others, when the said petitions remained in the realm of mere unproven allegations?” he requested.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager