The shooting to death in Calabar, Cross River State, of a young man identified to www.calitown.com as one Okon Edet, known popularly as “Last Born”, triggered an evening of madness, late Saturday, which left another three persons dead.
“They dropped (shot and killed) Okon Edet a.k.a “Last Born”. We suspect Last Born’s friends responded by killing one guy around Uwanse, Calabar, called Stagger Lagger who can not even walk or run well”, a police source told us.
According to calitown, it was further informed that Edet was shot around Ekpo Abasi by Maybe Avenue, Calabar, where he went to fix A/C (air condition) in his car.
“The killing earlier, I think weeks ago, of one twin in Ward 8, Calabar, called Chang, is not unconnected with this renewed cult clash, please people should pass information to us, so that we can be steps ahead of these boys”, the police source pleaded. Security personnel remain on high alert.
Meanwhile calitown reports that the State Security Adviser, South, Ani Esin has reacted promptly and is thought to be on top of the situation. His despatch of security personnel to comb large parts of Calabar South, led to the arrest of some young men on Nyong Edem Street, Ekpo Abasi, Calabar, with bags containing a cache of locally made firearms and ammunition that have since been handed over to the police.
Credit: Calitown Reports.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group