Calabar-Odukpani Road Dualisation, Ayade Expresses Satisfaction
Cross River state Governor, Professor Ben Ayade has expressed satisfaction with the progress of work at the ongoing dualisation of Calabar-Odukpani Junction road dualization project.
The governor who was on inspection visit to the site praised the indigenous construction company handling the project for showing capacity and capability.
He said he was delighted to note that a Nigerian company is doing a Nigerian project and delivering quality.
“I am highly impressed with the quality and level of work on this road. I am happy with the contractor. I have driven through the second lane of the Odukpani- Calabar dual carriageway phase one and I am satisfied with what I have seen”, the governor said.
Calling for the patronage of indigeneous construction companies, Professor Ayade argued that judging from the quality of work on the project, Nigerian construction companies can deliver if saddled with important projects.
“This project has clearly shown that Nigerian contractors are capable and have capacity. We don’t have to keep giving our projects to foreigners. I will like to see more Nigerian companies getting involved in Nigerian projects to avoid capital flights”, he stressed, assuring that the the 274 kilometre Super Highway project will be constructed by a Nigerian company but with foreign quality control.
Governor Ayade said that with the elections over, all his attention is now re- directed to on- going projects in the state.
“I am happy the elections are over because they were huge distractions. We are now facing development as one core business”.
The governor who was re-elected for second term last month said he was in a hurry to develop Cross River, the meagre monthly federal allocation accruing to the state notwithstanding.
“The four years I have is like four days to me because I must do something that will remain like magic and miracle in this state, our less than #2.7billion monthly income notwithstanding”
When completed, the Calabar-Odukpani dual carriageway way, together with the Superghati flyover bypass also being undertaken by the Ayade administration, is expected to ease perennial traffic gridlock on the ever busy Calabar-Itu-Uyo highway.
The site Engineer, Dr.Godwin Akeke assured that in three months time, the road will be open to use.
Dr.Akeke explained that the earth work on the road was 75-80 percent completed.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on