Former President Goodluck Jonathan has cited his perception in the way forward for democracy in Africa as the rationale he sacrificed his private ambition for a second time period in 2015.
The former President stated this when talking as a particular visitor of honour on the Oronto Natei Douglas Memorial Dialogue with the theme: ‘Nigeria’s Broken Electoral System, Uwais Report and Unfinished Business’, held in Abuja.
Jonathan, who was represented by Eze Akachukwu, his private envoy, stated he “sacrificed every part which may be essential to people that imagine that holding onto energy was essential.”
“He believes in the way forward for Africa and that future can solely be constructed on stable electoral processes. And he has continued this by means of his basis (the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation) to pursue the work of democracy, peace and growth.”
Jonathan counseled buddies and civil society activists, who organised the dialogue, for his or her efforts to maintain the legacy of Oronto Douglas, who was an environmental activist and his Special Adviser on Research, Documentation and Strategy. Douglas died in 2015.
In his speech, former Senate President Ken Nnamani stated he has seen that the failings in Nigeria’s electoral system signifies that votes cannot rely.
Nnamani, who was represented by an affiliate, Mohammed Tukur, stated: “The Justice Muhammed Uwais Report on Electoral Reforms has many inventions that would restore credibility and equity to our electoral system within the nation.
“The 2019 elections additionally spotlight a critical pathology of Nigerian elections. There is a lot violence and crime related to elections. Political desperation makes strange elections to resemble wars. We spend a lot on offering safety, but we proceed to witness a excessive degree of violence and electoral crime.”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager