A Japanese cashier with a photographic memory has been arrested for memorizing 1,300 credit cards and going on a shopping spree.
Yusuke Taniguchi, who was recently arrested, committed the crime while he was working at a mall in Koto City in Tokyo.
Japan Today reports that the 34-year-old used the credit card information to finance his basic living expenses and purchase luxury items online.
It was also reported that Mr. Yusuke was using an apparent eidetic memory often called a “photographic memory” to memorize people’s information on their credit cards.
According to Police, whenever a customer would pay by credit card, the suspect allegedly memorized their 16-digit-number, name, expiry date, and security code, all in the time it took to process their purchase.
During a search at his apartment , Police said they found a notebook containing the hundreds of names and numbers and are currently linking them to past incidents to determine the scope of his alleged crimes.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution