The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria has reiterated that Catholic Priests beneath the canon regulation of the Church are barred from energetic involvement in Partisan Politics.
This response is coming shortly after an altercation between controversial catholic Priest, Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka, Spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, Enugu and Ex-governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi.
CSN’s Secretary General, Rev. Fr. Ralph Madu, who spoke to journalists at a press conference, in Abuja on Thursday talked about that the Catholic church was disillusioned with the altercation and had requested acceptable authorities to take important movement.
“While we’re sure that Enugu Catholic Diocese, the place Fr. Mbaka is incardinated, has or is taking acceptable measures on the reported incident, we need to categorically reiterate that no Catholic priest is permitted to be involved in partisan politics.
All liturgical ceremonies should not ever be used as an occasion for campaigns ahead of 2019 political actions. Catholic church stays apolitical and would on no account help or subscribe to any political get collectively.
Our concern is for peaceful election course of, seen to be free, truthful, credible and easily, and a democratic governance which may herald peace, justice, equity, enchancment and non secular freedom for the frequent good.”
Mbaka has confronted criticisms on-line over his ’embarrassment’ of Obi in the midst of the church’s newest Bazaar.
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- Admin Assistant at Jed Airlines
- Store Clerk – Golden Pasta at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc