CATHOLIC CHURCH BANS MBAKA, OTHERS
The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria has reiterated that Catholic Priests beneath the canon regulation of the Church are barred from energetic involvement in Partisan Politics.
This response is coming shortly after an altercation between controversial catholic Priest, Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka, Spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, Enugu and Ex-governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi.
CSN’s Secretary General, Rev. Fr. Ralph Madu, who spoke to journalists at a press conference, in Abuja on Thursday talked about that the Catholic church was disillusioned with the altercation and had requested acceptable authorities to take important movement.
“While we’re sure that Enugu Catholic Diocese, the place Fr. Mbaka is incardinated, has or is taking acceptable measures on the reported incident, we need to categorically reiterate that no Catholic priest is permitted to be involved in partisan politics.
All liturgical ceremonies should not ever be used as an occasion for campaigns ahead of 2019 political actions. Catholic church stays apolitical and would on no account help or subscribe to any political get collectively.
Our concern is for peaceful election course of, seen to be free, truthful, credible and easily, and a democratic governance which may herald peace, justice, equity, enchancment and non secular freedom for the frequent good.”
Mbaka has confronted criticisms on-line over his ’embarrassment’ of Obi in the midst of the church’s newest Bazaar.
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- HAPPENING NOW!! Calabar Popular Market Currently On Heavy Fire
- EXPOSED!! $1.3m United States Mansion Purchased By Ex-Oyo Governor, Ajimobi, In 2016 Uncovered
- BREAKING!! Hushpuppi To Face 20-Year Jail Term In US (Read Full Details)
- More Revelations: How Hushpuppi Scam Premier League Club Of $124 Million
- BREAKING!! PDP Appoints Wike As Chairman Of Edo Gov’ship Election Campaign
Share this post with your Friends on