Ceding of 76 Oil Wells To A’Ibom Was Political, Not My Fault — Donald Duke
A former governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke, has described the ceding of Bakassi as “an international conspiracy,” and regretted that what was supposed to be done during the period was not done by the country.
He also said the ceding of 76 oil wells to Akwa Ibom State was political.
Duke made the remark in Calabar during the presentation of a book, ‘Cross River State at 50: The People and Events that Shaped it.’
Duke said, “It was during my time that we got the 76 oil wells that were lost. That was a painful thing for all of us. I still think it should be remedied.
“Today, Akwa Ibom State is the largest oil-producing state in Nigeria. It was a political decision. I think the political decision that gave them the oil should be also used to give us back the 76 oil wells.”
Duke denied that he ceded Bakassi to Cameroon.
He said he did everything to reverse the ceding to no avail.
The book was written by an elder statesman, Ekpe Esien Ita, who also used the occasion to celebrate his 70th birthday.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- BREAKING!! Uproar As Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport
- CRUTECH-Alumni President, Eyam Abeng Emerges As PENGASSAN Zonal Vice Chairman, Promises Value Addition
- BREAKING!! Gunmen Open Fire On Borno’s Governor Convoy (Photos)
- Edo People Not Ready To Accept Oshiomhole Lies Anymore — Wike
- BREAKING!! Nigerian Govt Fixes Date For 2020 Common Entrance
Share this post with your Friends on