Chairman of National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), Cross River State chapter, Comrade Daniel Obo on Sunday reacted to the gruesome murdered of a 15-year-old boy in Obudu Local Government Area of the state.
WeetalknaijaBlog gathered that, the boy was allegedly accused of stealing.
Read full press release below:
RE: OBUDU LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN.
The attention of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Cross River State Chapter has been drawn to a Press Release emanating from the office of the Executive Chairman of Obudu Local Government Area, proscribing the National Youth Council of Nigeria Obudu Chapter over the alleged involvement of some members of the National Youth Council of Nigeria Obudu Chapter in the gruesome killing of a 15year old boy allegedly accused of stealing.
In light of the aforementioned, the National Youth Council of Nigeria Cross River State Chapter hereby issue the following Press Release.
1. That, we acknowledge the enormous responsibility incidental to the office of the Chairman of Council, which include but not limited to security of life and property, hence we applaud the proactive measures taken by the Chairman to arrest the unrest occasioned by the alleged killing of a young boy by some alleged youths in Obudu.
2. That, the state executive council of National Youth Council of Nigeria is already in touch with security operatives and investigations are ongoing to bring the alleged perpetrators to book.
3. That, consequent upon the fact that the Chairman of Obudu Local Government Area acted impulsively by proscribing NYCN Obudu Chapter without any due process or consultation, we hereby state categorically that the Chairman of Obudu lacks the constitutional right to proscribe the Youth Council as the Youth Council was established by an act of National Assembly Parliament, hence only the National Assembly body has the constitutional right to proscribe or disband NYCN.
4. While we understand the need for peace and tranquility in Obudu, the State executive council of NYCN is ready to work synergistically with the Chairman of Obudu Local Government Area to bring the perpetrators to book.
5. Finally, we recommend the immediate suspension of the accused persons in NYCN Obudu Chapter and the indefinite suspension of National Youth Council activities in Obudu pending when investigation is finally concluded. We condemn in totality the unwarranted killing and restiveness in Obudu.
Build the Youth!
Build the Nation!
Comr. Dan Obo Jnr.
(State Chairman NYCN Cross River)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021