Brazil legend, Kaka has backed Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar to lead Thomas Tuchel’s side to win the UEFA Champions League this season.
Neymar, who served the first of his two-match Champions League ban in PSG’s 3-0 win over Real Madrid on Wednesday, did everything possible to leave the club before the European transfer window closed in the summer.
But Kaka now believes his fellow countryman can be the leader to lead PSG to win their first Champions League trophy after failing to leave the club.
“For Neymar, I think it’s good to stay there in PSG for now. I think it’s good for him, for the club,” Kaka was quoted by Sky Sport as saying.
“I think PSG is always trying to build a great team to win the Champions League, so he can be the leader for this project and, in my opinion, it’s good. It will be a great year for him.”
Kaka added: “Our expectation with him is for him to be the guy for the next World Cup for us.
“I think it’s hard for him but I think every year he’s more mature, he understands his position in the national team better as well and it’s good.
“It’s good to have Neymar in the Brazil national team.”
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line