Frank Lampard became the first Chelsea manager to lose his debut Champions League match in charge on Tuesday.
The former England midfielder watched on as his team were defeated 1-0 by Valencia in a Group H fixture at Stamford Bridge.
Rodrigo netted the winner late on. And although Lampard’s men had the chance to equalize, Ross Barkley crashed his penalty against the crossbar.
Before Lampard, 10 of the previous 11 Chelsea managers had won the first Champions League game, while Gianluca Vialli drew with AC Milan in 1999.
Valencia travelled to London reeling from a 5-2 league loss at Barcelona in coach Albert Celades’ first game in charge, but the Blues had beaten Wolves 5-2 in the Premier League.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group