Former England striker, Michael Owen, has backed Chelsea to beat Valencia in today’s UEFA Champions League group-stage fixture at Stamford Bridge.
He also predicted Liverpool to defeat Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo Stadium tonight.
Speaking to BetVictor, Owen said: “The Europa League holders Chelsea are unbeaten in six previous ties against Valencia (W3 D3) and The Oranges conceded five at Barcelona at the Nou Camp on Saturday.
“The Blues scored five at Molineux at the weekend and I hope to see Frank Lampard’s exciting young side transfer that form to the Champions League stage in a game which is likely to see opportunities at both ends.”
Commenting on the Napoli vs Liverpool clash, Owen said: “The sides met in the group stages last season and Napoli ran out deserved winners in Italy despite the fact that the only goal of the game came in the 90th minute.
“The Reds have improved again in the last 12 months, however, and I expect the holders to gain a narrow, but significant, victory in Naples in what promises to be a tight, close affair.”
The kick-off time for all the matches is 8 pm.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )