Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, has explained his signal to Atletico Madrid fans following his side’s UEFA Champions League 2-2 draw with the Spanish La Liga giants on Wednesday night.
Goals from Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Stefan Savic and Hector Herrera ensured both teams shared a point each at the Wanda Metropolitano.
Ronaldo, who made the gesture shortly after he missed a late chance to put Maurizio Sarri’s men back in front, was jeered and whistled throughout the match.
Asked about his signal to Atletico Madrid fans, Ronaldo told El Chiringuito after the match: “Learn, you have to learn.”
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone has lauded his players for playing a draw against Juventus.
“We were missing something in the first half and Juve stepped up after the break, but I liked the fact we never gave in and fought back for a result,’ Simeone told reporters after the match.
“We always tried to create situations where we could hurt Juve. Jose Maria Gimenez went close, as did Vitolo and Angel Correa, so it was a more than deserved point.
“I don’t see this draw as a good or bad result. Juve are very strong opponents with a lot of experience and an average age of 29 compared to our 24. Experience helps at this level and that is why matches like this can help us mature for what awaits in the future.
“The important thing is not to lose intensity during the game and to maintain faith in our characteristics.”
Ronaldo will now hope to lead Juventus to victory when they take on Verona in the Serie A fixture this weekend.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021