Former England and Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand has singled out one Chelsea player for praise after the Blues defeated Lille 2-1 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Tammy Abraham netted his first goal in the Champions League on his 22nd birthday.
He netted in the 22nd minute in France to give the Blues the lead, with several Chelsea fans noting the timing of the goal.
Ferdinand likened some of Abraham’s play to Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.
“I saw elements in Tammy’s game that I haven’t seen as much as I would have liked to before,” he told BT Sport.
“His hold-up play, coming to the ball, bringing others into play. There were some balls that came into him that were Didier Drogba-esque.
“I think he’s developing nicely, he’s scoring goals, he’s scoring different types of goals and I think he’s a threat.
“This touch here, when this ball comes to him, it’s a magnificent touch because it’s not the perfect ball. He adjusts his feet beautifully and the finish, the calmness to do it like that.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution