Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen, has reacted to Lille’s 2-1 loss to Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Osimhen thanked God for his maiden UEFA Champions League goal but is disappointed that Lille failed to get a win in the Group H home game.
The French side fell 2-1 to Chelsea at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy with Willian and Tammy Abraham scoring for the English Premier League side.
Osimhen, equalized for Lille with a powerful header off Jonathan Bamba’s corner kick in the 33rd minute, cancelling out Tammy Abraham ‘s opener for Chelsea.
However, Willian scored the winner for the Frank Lampard’s men in the 78th minute with Callum Hudson-Odoi providing the assist.
“Not the result we wanted, but we will keep fighting to get it right major thanks to GOD almighty for my first @championsleague goal we move @losclive,” Osimhen wrote on his Twitter handle on Thursday morning.
Lille remains bottom of Group H after two defeats from their opening two games in the competition.
They will face the Spanish side, Valencia in their next game.
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Guest Services Associate at Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- Logistics Officer at YellowPoint Group
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer at Save the Children
- State Technical Advisor at Chemonics International
- MoneyGram recruitment for a Regional Compliance Officer
- Supervisory Human Resources Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos