Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has singled out Billy Gilmour and Marc Guehi for praise following the Blues’ 7-1 win over Grimsby in the Carabao Cup fourth round clash on Wednesday night.
He also explained why midfielder, Ross Barkley, who is the club’s spot-kick specialist for this season, did not take penalty for Chelsea during the encounter against Grimsby.
Goals from Ross Barkley, Michy Batshuayi, Pedro, Kurt Zouma, Reece James and Callum Hudson-Odoi gave Lampard’s men all three points against the League 2 side at Stamford Bridge.
“The good thing is that I can choose things and I chose Pedro for the penalty and as captain,” Lampard told reporters at Stamford Bridge after the match.
He added: “Pleasing on lots of levels. Not complete, we gave some minutes to some others who haven’t played and some youngsters improved the team when they came on.
“Billy Gilmour superb, Marc Guehi solid. Now it’s about where they go with this. It says a lot about the academy, the chance to mix the team was something that I had to take up.
“It says that we have good young players, but now it’s about confidence and their levels. I wasn’t happy at half-time, the goal was a disaster, I showed them a video of the danger, and that could cost you.”
Chelsea will now take on Premier League rivals, Manchester United in the next round.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )