Governor Nasir el- Rufai of Kaduna State says he is acutely aware that 67 per cent of Christians in southern Kaduna will not vote for him inside the governorship election even when he picks the Pope as his working mate.
He added that there was a necessity for competence to be given priority ahead of religion and ethnicity, subsequently his option to run with a Muslim/Muslim ticket inside the 2019 governorship election.
El – Rufai, who was a customer on Channels TV ’ s Sunrise Daily programme on Thursday , acknowledged Nigeria should divorce religion from politics.
The governor, who’s a Muslim, had come beneath harsh criticisms from the Christian Association of Nigeria and totally different pursuits groups for selecting a Muslim as working mate.
El – Rufai, who’s the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, acknowledged even his outgoing deputy, Yusuf Bala Bantex, who’s a Christian, was dealt with like an outcast because of he was inside the APC .
Defending his movement, nonetheless, el- Rufai acknowledged , “What if I inform you that regardless of who I choose as my working mate, even after I choose the Pope, 67 per cent of the Christians in southern Kaduna have made up their minds that they will under no circumstances vote for me.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021