Ahead of preparations for the Cross River Green carnival slated for 30th July, the AyadeCare Home Health program in collaboration with the Garment Factory today, went on a clean environment and tree planting spree and Vendor food inspection.
Speaking on the importance of the collaboration, Dr Genevene posited that Ayade is committed to making cross river green again while noting that the exercise to make the state green, will ensure the people remain healthy .
In her words:”the Governor has shown time and time again that the state is his top priority. This time he has shown his love to the citizens of Cross River State with the Green Canopy program where he is now primarily focusing on restoring the health of our immediate environment by planting trees across our state to bring back the green of our home.”
“because Ayade cares he realises the health importance of planting trees,which includes,giving us oxygen,stores carbon and stabilises the soil.”
The AyadeCare health program boss,further identify other benefits of tree planting to include, heat stroke prevention,cleaner air,disease prevention,reduce asthma toll and saves water and prevent water pollution.
According to her the Canopies of Trees acts as a physical barrier filter, trapping dust and absorbing pollutants.
“They also provide shade from Solar Radiation.
Over many sub-species of trees and shrubs are known to have medicinal properties.
Example. Oil from Birch Bark has Antiseptic properties.
Research also shows that within minutes of being surrounded by trees and green space your blood pressure drops, your heart rate slows, and stress levels reduce immensely.” She added
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022