Commercial sex workers in Machakos, Kenya have taken to the streets to demand for lubricants and condoms from the county government.
”We as sex workers are here today to ask Machakos county government what it plans to do as we are the key pupolation in this county.
” We want to make sure that sex workers get lubricants, said one of the sex workers.’
One of the sex workers told the media that there was nothing wrong with what they do because sex work is work.
”We say sex work is work because we pay for the house, it takes care of the children” he said.
They also said their work was also a source of revenue to the tourism sector in the country and specifically Machakos County.
”Many tourists come to Kenya because when they come there is everything, there is sex, what! There is nothing you will miss” he added.
The group leader also demanded the government to provide them with security while they are at work.
”We want to know we are safe before we go out as prostitutes,” he demanded.
Sex workers across the country have been complaining about their security.
Recently, in Chuka town in Tharaka Nithi County, sex workers demanded security from the county government.
See video below.
So Machakos county sex workers want lubricants in order to attract more investors ???, pic.twitter.com/8L1U8AkNZt
— KC-254 (@CheruiyotBKevin) September 7, 2019
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022