There was wild pandemonium yesterday on the premises of the State High Court, Yola in Adamawa State, when eight convicted armed robbers went wild, assaulting warders, journalists and one other particular person in sight.
The drama as reported by Vanguard started when Justice Abdul’aziz Waziri sentenced the armed robbers to lack of life by hanging after discovering them accountable of a nine-count value on armed theft and murder.
The convicts, who’ve been paired in handcuffs, equally descended on journalists and cameramen making an attempt to doc them.
Onlookers have been moreover not spared, as a result of the convicts have been about to board the Black Maria that took them to the jail. They used their free fingers to assault and throw any obtainable object they may lay their fingers on at journalists.
Everyone scampered for safety, until jail officers launched the state of affairs beneath administration.
Comptroller of Prisons accountable for Adamawa State, Mr. Umar Audu, commenting on the incident, talked about such issue had not at all occurred throughout the historic previous of the state.
According to him, “my officers and men were able to handle the situation. I was shocked by the behaviour of the convicts. I thank God that during the fracas, none of my officers sustained any injury.”
He talked about when the convicts have been accosted on the jail yard, they regretted their actions throughout the court docket, together with that he had despatched a couple of of his officers to apologise to the determine and the journalists affected.
- BREAKING!! Government To Shut Bars, Restaurants Again As COVID-19 Cases Rise
- FG Begins Free C.A.C Business Registration Nationwide ( 3 Simple Steps On How To Apply)
- HOT!! I Have Slept With Over 5,000 Men, Including One Minister — Former Slay Queen Confesses
- BREAKING!! SSANU, NASU To Begin Strike on Monday Over Unpaid Salaries
- #EndSars Protest: Betta Edu Condemns Vandalisation of WHO Office