The executive Governor of Oyo State Seyi Makinde, has been declared the legitimate winner of the last gubernatorial election in the state. The Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan in an unanimous judgment announced on Monday by Justice Abubakar Yahaya afirmed the ruling of the Election Petitions Tribunal upholding the victory of governor Makinde. The court however, in her Lead Judgement which was agreed to by three Other Judges, Ruled That The Appellants, APC & Chief Bayo Adelabu were not giving fair hearing by the Tribunal & thereby set aside the tribunal judgement. Adding that, bearing in mind that the Electoral Act only give a grace of 180days for the case to be heard at the Tribunal, they affirmed that the Tribunal has duly spent her time and so nothing could be done on their pronouncement as to the validity of the election.
They therein resolved all issues in the favour of the Appellants with a Dissenting Judgement From A Judge but with a Proviso that they can’t nullify the election of the Governor of Oyo State, Engr Seyi Makinde The PDP lead counsel, Eyitayo Jegede, noted that Makinde remained the legitimate Governor of the state adding that, the court had not given any counter directive. ALSO READ : 2 Corps sent from Orientation Camp as 2 others to be dismissed for having Sex in another Camp Meanwhile, the lead counsel to the APC candidate, Adebayo Shobanjo, stressed that Election Petitions Tribunal delivered a one-sided judgment.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement