– There is a state of confusion over the new status of Oyo state governor Seyi Makinde
– The appeal court on Monday, November 11 ruled in favour of APC’s Adelabu and reversed the ruling of the tribunal which declared Makinde rightful winner
– The appeal court however did not declare Makinde sacked or order fresh election
The election of Governor Sey Makinde of Oyo has been nullified by a Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan, the state capital.
According to Daily Nigerian, the court ruled in favour of the appellant Adelabu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on all counts.
The court upturned the ruling of the election petitions tribunal that upheld Makinde’s victory. However, the court stopped short of declaring Adelabu winner.
The court also did not order for fresh elections to be held.
The development has led to varying interpretations of what really happened on social media.
While some argue that the governor has been sacked, others say no such declaration was made by court and so the governor remains in office. But largely, majority of users are confused.
Meanwhile, some claimed that the APC and PDP have already begun moves to take the matter to the highest judicial body in the land, the Supreme Court.
Legit.ng had reported previously that the APC and its governorship candidate, Adebayo Adelabu, in Oyo state during the March 9 governorship election, on Monday, September 16,
suffered a great defeat to the PDP .
The governorship election petition tribunal which sat in Ibadan, the state capital, upheld the victory of Governor Seyi Makinde at the poll.
Adelabu and the APC had filed petition against the declaration of Makinde by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the governorship election in the state.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution