Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 says the August 29 resumption of international flights is tentative.
The Coordinator, Sani Aliyu, said this on Monday, NAN reports.
He said the date announced by Aviation Minister, Hadi Sirika, would be for consideration of resumption of flights.
Aliyu stressed that authorities must meet the criteria before international air transport is allowed.
“We will spend a whole day discussing international travel and how this will be done. And if I may clarify, we said from the 29th of August, we didn’t say on the 29th of August.
“So, very similar to what we did for the domestic flights. Don’t come back and say that we promised we will open on the 29th, but that date is not sacrosanct; but we will work towards it,” he stated.
Sirika said the airports had reached advanced stages of preparedness for the resumption of operations.
The flights would commence with the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja and the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group