Confusion In Cross River As Corpse Disappears From Mortuary During Burial
Following the disappearance of the body of a lawyer, Mr Egbara Owa, which was scheduled for interment at the weekend, there was confusion in Owakande 2 in the Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State.
According to Vanguard, the programme for the man’s interment began on Saturday with a lying-in-state at the Obubra Magistrate Court, but family members and sympathisers who gathered there had to disperse when an ambulance sent to the local mortuary to pick up the body for the ceremony returned empty-handed.
“Apparently, someone went to the mortuary to retrieve the body, and when the family went there yesterday, Saturday, to remove the body, it was nowhere to be found,” a local source told James Okpa.
He said the morticians couldn’t explain who took the body, so community elders launched an inquiry to find out what happened to it.
“The family seems to be at odds about the burial date, but it is unknown who took the body away,” he said.
He claimed that the police had not been summoned to the scene because it was still considered a family matter.
“The matter is being treated internally first, but according to the elders, if the body is not found by next week, the police will be contacted,” he said.
The deceased was a member of the State Judicial Service Commission of Cross River State.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution