Confusion In Military Camp As Taraba Youths Stop Soldier From Committing Suicide (Read Full Details)
Residents of Jalingo, Taraba State, spent an hour struggling to stop a military man from committing suicide.
According to the report, the soldier identified simply as Ali, climbed the Welcome to Taraba Roadblock Tower -over 24fts high, threatening to jump down.
The Nation reports that, the said soldier was speaking in Hausa and pidgin, saying:
“I want to die. Allow me to jump down and die.” But the youth who have gathered there, spent quite some time begging him: “Please do not jump. We don’t want you to die.”
It was also gathered that the soldier’s behaviour attracted their attention when they spotted him on top of the tower pulling and throwing down the items of clothing on him.
“We noticed someone climbing the place and pulling off his clothes. We got there to discover he is someone we know. He was left with under pant and an inner vest and poised to jump. We went close and began to beg him,” an eyewitness was quoted by the newspaper as saying.
A close look reveals he has an injury on his left kneecap, which he bandaged.
A source told The Nation that Ali has mental illness and has been relieved of his job, of recent.
“He is an ex-soldier, fond of riding military motorbikes in town. He was sacked from the army when it was discovered he is mentally ill,” another source said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- NYCN: Youth Council To Stage Walk Against Cultism In Cross River
- 2023: Wike Says PDP’s Focus Is Winning, Not Zoning
- Senator Sandy Onor Pays Hospital Bills For Constituents
- Battle For Supremacy: 48-Hours To State Congress, Ayade’s Faction Approached Another Court To Frustrate NASS List
- WHAT’S HAPPENING?? NCDC Discharged Over 11,000 Patients In 24 Hours (We Seriously Need To Talk)
- Current Recruitment in Nigeria at MainOne Cable
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Oil and Gas Company Located in Port Harcourt
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development 2020 Recruitment for Consultants
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
Share this post with your Friends on