NCDC DG, Chikwe Ihekweazu has revealed why he does not wear face masks like other officials during COVID19 briefings.
The Director General of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu has explained why he doesn’t wear face masks like other members of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 during joint briefings.
Chikwe who disclosed that the face mask should be for those infected or the medical frontline medical personnel attending the suspected cases or treating COVID-19 patients, revealed that the country is yet to develop a policy for wearing of face masks.
“This is a strategy we need to think about before we implement it. Before we implement a national strategy around mask wearing, we have to be sure we can provide it or at least enable access to it. We will allow for the risk assessment and as the evidence comes together, we will make a decision based on the evidence and ability to provide every Nigerian with access to mask.”
The NCDC director also disclosed that the NCDC is almost done with the face mask policy but the draft is still being looked at by the agency. He added; “Last week, I did say we would release a policy on face masks.
That policy has almost been completed. In fact, the draft is now being looked at by various colleagues to make sure that we are all alive. By tomorrow or next, we would be releasing that policy for all of us to align with.”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager