Confirmed cases of coronavirus in Lagos may reach 120,000 at the peak of the pandemic between July and August, the state government has said.
The Commissioner of Health in the state, Akin Abayomi, said on Friday that the state is likely to record between 90,000 and 120,000 cases during that period.
Mr Abayomi said this on Friday at a press briefing held at the Lagos state secretariat.
The commissioner said this figure is according to the COVID-19 projection model of the state and does not mean it is the exact figure that will be recorded.
“Just a month ago, on April 7 we saw 10 cases per day, two weeks later it was 32, then 70 cases. We are now seeing above 100 cases per day. This shows our graph is moving in a gentle incline upwards.
“We definitely have not reached the peak of our outbreak, we suspect that the peak will happen sometime in July or August and so we are preparing for the oncoming, we are increasing our capacity and strategies to deal with this situation,” Mr Abayomi said.
– Premium Times
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021