As the world continues to battle the Coronavirus pandemic, the Federal government has asked Senior citizens and those with existing underlying medical conditions to stay at home.
Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, who made the appeal today at a press briefing, said studies have shown that elderly people are more vulnerable to the virus.
Speaking at the press briefing, Ehanire said
“It is important to note that many people who are infected with coronavirus will experience only mild symptoms and recover without incident. Of great concern are those with existing underlying medical conditions and senior citizens, who are known to be more vulnerable. We strongly advise these citizens to stay more at home. Al Nigerians are required to continue taking necessary precautions to protect themselves and their families.” he said
The Minister said the Presidential taskforce on Coronavirus will meet later to decide on the issue of travel restriction.
With regard to banning flights into Nigeria or social activities and festivals, I will provide an update after the deliberations of the Inter-Ministerial meeting of the Presidential Taskforce on Coronavirus, scheduled for later today, headed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.” he said.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021