Popular Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, also known as Jenifa, has apologised after coming under fire for hosting a celebrity-studded house party amidst the Coronavirus lockdown.
The actress who hosted the party to celebrate her husband, JJC Skillz— Abdulrasheed Bello’s birthday—in their Amen Estate home, Lagos on Saturday, came under attack for flouting government directives on total lockdown and ban on large gatherings to flatten the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The party had in attendance, singer Naira Marley, actress Eniola Badmus and a host of other guests.
In a video from the party, JJC Skillz said it was his birthday and he had to invite friends to celebrate with him at their home along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.
He said, “Na here we dey, those of us wey get mind (sic). This is the best estate to be stuck in during the lockdown. It is my birthday.”
The guests, who were over 20, including Naira Marley, were also seen singing ‘Ma fo’, a song released by the musician.
Many Nigerians called for the arrest of the Bellos as they described the party as ‘an act of gross irresponsibility.’
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation