A member of the House of Representatives, Shehu Koko, has appealed to President Buhari to order the suspension of payment of electricity and water bills for ordinary Nigerians for two months as part of palliative for the nation tackles the Coronavirus pandemic.
Koko who represents Maiyama/Koko/Besse Federal Constituency (APC) Kebbi State made the appeal in a statement released this afternoon. His statement in part reads
“Our Country is going through trying times just like the international communities. While we continue to pray for God to come to our rescue, I urge the Federal government to provide basic amenities like water and electricity at no cost especially those at the grassroots level without interruption.
“This I believe will go a long way to assist the federal government’s decision to provide relief materials to citizens this period. Though these amenities are private sector driven, we urge the government to intervene and ameliorate the sufferings of the people.” his statement read.
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings: I Go Nowhere, I’m Still The Jagaban of Lagos — Tinubu Boast
- BREAKING! One Dies, Others Injured As Police Shoot At Protesters in Calabar
- Lagos Quit Notice: Rise Up and Defend Yourself, Ohanaeze Ndigbo tell Igbos As Yoruba Youths Disown YFF
- JUST IN!! Hoodlums Set Senator Victor Ndoma Egba’s House on Fire In Calabar (VIDEO)
- #Endsars Protest: INEC office, Two Police Station, Others Burnt Down In Calabar (Full List)
- Current Job Vacancies at Services Beverages Africa Limited
- Job for Bid and Tender Admin at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Contract Admin Personnel at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Local Content Analyst at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Document Controller at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)