The lawmaker representing Obubra/Etung federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Mike Etaba has commended the state Governor, Sir Ben Ayade on the much steps and effort being taken thus far to prevent this pandemic disease from penetrating into the state.
In a statement issued and signed by the lawmaker in Abuja, Etaba said the Governor being a true humanitarian has continued to work tirelessly since the outbreak of the pandemic disease to ensuring that all Cross Riverians lives safely and are well protected.
Continuing, Mike Etaba encouraged all Cross Riverians to strictly follow NCDC guidelines, government directives of regular hand washing, social distancing and stay at home directives.
“I commend the state Governor, Sir Ben Ayade for this show of love to his citizens by ordering the distribution of free nose masks and free food to residents in the state, even with the state lean resources, yet the Governor had ensure that all residents in the state are well safe and protected”, he said.
Recalled that on Wednesday, the state Governor, Ayade had given an order, that no one is allowed to walk the streets of Calabar without nose mask.
Below are the following orders given by the state government :
1. Starting from 12am on April 3rd, 2020, no person will be allowed in public without a nose or face mask.
2. The Cross River State Garment Factory is directed to work round the clock to produce masks, while observing industrial safe distancing
3. Government to distribute masks for free to residents of the state
4. The Ministry of Humanitarian and Welfare Services, in conjunction with the state Food Bank, to deliver free food to the vulnerable in the state.
4. All exit and entry routes into the state are now completely shut against all human and vehicular movements.
5. All commissioners, special advisers, chairmen, Director Generals, directors and members of boards and commissions as well as special assistants, are hereby co-opted to assist the COVID-19 task force, in ensuring the enforcement and compliance with the guidelines aimed at keeping the state free of the pandemic.
6. Consequently, all those mentioned above are directed to report at the U.J. Esuene Stadium on Friday, April 3rd, 2020, to receive their kits and commence full enforcement along with the Nigerian Police, Military, the Homeland Security Services and the Border Patrol Agency.
7. All commissioners from local governments that border our neighbouring states, are directed to retire back home and take charge of enforcement
8. The state power company operating the 23megawatt power plant, is directed to power street lights from 6pm to 6am daily
9. Public spirited individuals and organizations willing to serve as Volunteers to support enforcement of COVID-19 guidelines, should register by sending their names and addresses tel no: 08039302693
10. For nose masks, residents should call 08099911011
11. For free food supply, residents should call 08037210284
12. The Cross river state microfinance bank to work for 24 hours.
Let us help keep Cross River safe from coronavirus, adhere strictly to government guidelines
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank