The nationwide council of state has licensed N27, 000 because the model new minimal wage.
The council gave the approval at its first meeting of the yr on Tuesday.
Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, said the federal authorities will enhance the licensed amount to 30,000 for workers throughout the federal civil service.
The minister said state governors are at liberty in order so as to add to the licensed amount within the occasion that they so need.
In December 2018, the tripartite committee had useful N30, 000 as minimal wage.
Reacting, state governors had mounted N22, 500 as the amount they might comfortably pay their staff.
Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, head, media and public affairs of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), had said “times are hard and because of financial constraints and other limitations” many states can’t afford N30, 000.
He had said: “The N22,500 was arrived at, after in depth deliberations amongst all 36 governors, outlining their financial capacities and liquidity, considering the monetary state of affairs of the nation and the states’ completely different obligations to the overwhelming majority of the people of their quite a few domains.
“Governors also emphasized that N22,500 is a ‘baseline threshold’, meaning that any governor who can pay more than N22.500 is therefore free to go ahead and do so.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021